Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with my Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by '73 K5, Jul 18, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I have the kind of windows that don't roll up into any kind of track. When I get up on the highway and go more than 55mph the windows get sucked outwards about half an inch and its noisier than crap. Is there any good way to fix this POS besides just slapping a bunch of extra weatherstripping on the car? TIA

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

do you have a sun roof in the car??? i had that problem in my firebird i had.... there really isnt anything you can do about it.. except replace the seals.. that is what guides the window.. but if you have a sun roof in it then you can open the sunroof and releave the presure inside the car this way the window will go where it is supposed to go...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

No such luck man. No sunroof here. I hate to think about how much new seals will cost.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pull the door panel and I think you will see little felt pads that may have some adjustment to them. They hold the window tight and help guide it i think.

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.