Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with my PS Pump

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, May 15, 2006.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I need pictures of the Power Steering pump and bracket from anyone running Hydro-boost with the canned ham rezevoir. I think the mounting brackets are different between HB and non HB as my return line hits the frame and causes the line to get cut when I turn the wheel to the left:doah: . I need to know what to look for when I go to the junkyard tomorrow.

Thanks

Ira

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You need to look for my welder and sawzall....

On a side note, I just failed SMOG....You were correct when you said those bastards would hit me on not having the little tube thing from the manifold to the breather....

So now I need:
    -Little tube thingy
    -New gas cap.....WTF??
    -New Cat

I failed HC @ 25mph by 2ppm dammit

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Damn that sucks:mad: . I am below on HC by only 1PPM I think I need a new cat before my next smog in 1 year. I will try to find one of those tubes while I am in the yard. Or you can borrow mine and give it back after you pass smog:D

Ira

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

My cat should be here in 2-3 days, plus a day to install then I will hopefully redo the smog by next Wed. I could stop by the house and get it. That is if they do not have one at CSK.

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Not sure what you mean by "canned ham" reservoir... but here's what I got. Hope it helps.

engine 6.JPG

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

SMOG? Cat? It must suck to live in kommiefornia. :rolleyes:

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Nope that is the HB pump I have always seen before. The one I have looks just like a regular power steering pump but it has the 2 return lines for HB and the Steering Box. I need to find a way to rotate the top of the rez toward the center of the engine to bring the return line up from the frame. I might be able to get a slightly longer belt and have to adjust the pump more which would give me the rotation I am looking for.

Ira

8. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

so glad I don't live there any more cause the K5 would NEVER pass smog! Now we live in mojave county and there is no smog cr@p here.