Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with my t-10...

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Confedneck79K30, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

since thats what vatozone computers call a 4wd s10 lol

replaced the plugs, wires, cap and fuel filter
    still have a stumble, throttle on it, part throttle or full throttle and it hesitates and stumbles, then kicks ass all over the road... dont get it... tps is fine, egr is clean

how do i test the MAP sensor? and wtf is this thing in the middle of the intake with a big butterfly valve on it?i unplugged it and ran it with the same exact results... same with the map sensor, same exact results unplugged... im thinking i might need the new spider cage injector dealie...

2. Confedneck79K30

btw, be proud of me, i only broke ONE of these ORIGINAL plugs, and it was number 3, right behind the steering shaft, because i didnt have the special socket for it...

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you have what my Matco guy calls "the best toolbox you could ask for"(the tool truck) and you didn't have the special socket?

Only "butterfly" I can picture is the throttle body which is centrally located on the intake manifold.

How is fuel pressure?

Did you try unplugging the MAF? I know cold stumbles are often related to the MAF.

4. Confedneck79K30

lmao, there's a special socket for the s10s with 4.3 to get the #3 plug out and i sold mine thursday and forgot i was doing the tuneup LOL

fuel pressure is supposed to be good, the p.o. said it was, but ill check that..

no MAF sensor on this truck...

if you remove the "vortec" plastic thing on top of the intake, there is a round deal with a 2 wire plug and a big flapper valve underneath, that looks like a butterfly from a tb, only really thick, like 2 or 3 times thicker than a TB...

5. Confedneck79K30

fuel pressure is good, 57psi KOEO
    60 when cranking
    53 at idle

WOT is 60psi
    and pressure holds steady at 60psi, even when i make the engine stumble by holding it to the rpm range...
    if i make it stumble in gear, 1st or reverse 55 psi

when i turn the key off, it drops to 49-50psi

only code was for map sensor no input, but it had been unplugged..

when i was testing fuel pressure, i pushed the bleed button on my gauge to check for solid volume, the truck died and won't restart... seems to still have good fuel pressure, but now the check gauges lights is on and no codes...

getting a spark tester tomorrow, but when i pulled a plug wire and held it near the manifold, number 1 cyl, it seemed to have spark, but not strong...

6. Confedneck79K30

so today i finally got it to fire up with carb cleaner, and it seemed the fuel pump picked up and ran, for about 2 minutes, so i hit the neighborhood and it died 3 TIMES lol... anyone know which relay is supposed to run the FP so i can make sure it's operating properly before i order a pump?

7. Confedneck79K30

i hooked my mt2500 to it, and it will read codes, and give me a few troubleshooter tips, but cannot monitor data, says no communication, what do i need to check???

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got to look up what circuit feeds the pcm and what feeds the DLC. First thing I'd look for is a fuse marked as PCM fuse. Still not running?

Is that MT2500 self powered or run off the DLC? I know my Matco ProScan has batteries but has an indicator to let you know when its running off the car. Quick easy way to check for power to the DLC.

9. Confedneck79K30

the mt2500 im using powers off the dlc, it communicates with the pcm, and it runs, kinda... but it wont pull any data, thats when it says no comm...

10. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

that valve on top of the intake is a intake tunning device, it changes the manifold from a 360 to 180 manifold, now take it out and shine a light inside the intake, if it is clean you will need to replace the injector unit or FPR, it is a very common problem for these to leak on the CPI s-10's thats why im converting mine to multiport

11. Confedneck79K30

ya know i read somewhere about the mpfi conversion, but couldnt find a parts listing...got one? and whats it cost?

12. 1979jimmy350

there is no kit for it, i have only seen one other person besides me do it, it requires custom machining and fitting, im not done with mine yet but it will be done by next week, to check out pics of it go here http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7349

so far it looks like my conversion will require me to runa FPR external form the intake

13. Confedneck79K30

is it relatively inexpensive?

14. 1979jimmy350

i guess it would becheaper than a new injector unit, i don't know what a place will charge to machine it, i did all the machine work on my own

15. Confedneck79K30

crystal lake illinois eh, we have a shipping center there LOL..

what did the injectors and the parts cost you and would you machine mine if i paid ya?

16. 1979jimmy350

the injectors came with the turbo i bought on ebay but there normaly i think about $150, i don't know what size you would need for a stock engine though, the fuel rail was $40, and i don't know what the lines and fittings are going to run me yet. As for the machining, i use the machine shop at my school and im leaving here in less than a week for the summer so i would not have time until the fall when i start school again

17. Confedneck79K30

i wonder if orange top ford injectors would work, ive got like 10 of them...

18. 1979jimmy350

it depends on the size of them, as for the intake mods, if you have a drill press you could do the lower part your self, the rails on the other hand need to be done with a little more percision

19. Dafey

Dafey 1/2 ton status

Its not hard to change those plugs on the left side...maybe I should gharge people to change them,I could make a sh*t load of money every 15 mins :rolleyes:

20. Confedneck79K30

lol its plenty easy to take the shaft outta the way now that i see it lol...

i could make tons on ford mod motor tuneups too... but i dont... not worth the hassle that comes with all the idiots that own them