Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with some decisions for my K3500

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlackDog714, Apr 27, 2003.

1. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

Ok, I am starting some work on my 87 GMC K3500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif and I have a list of things I am going to need to do to my truck.

Please help with what you all think of what I should do.

Front Springs: I currently have and old crusty 4in RC lift that rides like crap. I want to replace it with a 6in lift cause my 35in BFG's keep getting torn up on the fenders.

Which front lift springs?

Rear Shackle Flip: Ive got blocks now, going to replace with either E/B or ORU.

Pros and cons of each E/B and ORU.

Shocks: I've got the way old crappy R/C shocks that have no bushings on the top /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Anything would be better, but I dont know where to start looking about shocks. I probably am going to do the Furd shock towers, so keep that in mind.

Which shocks?

I think that will about do it for now.

Thank you for helping.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Which front lift springs?

[/ QUOTE ]
    BDS or Tough Country Ez-rides

[ QUOTE ]
    Pros and cons of each E/B and ORU.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Both are great and do what they're made to do. Echo-bit is quite a bit less work installing. ORD is super stout. Basically comes down to your choice or which one you feel better using/buying.

[ QUOTE ]
    Which shocks?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I believe Rancho is doing a buy 3 get one free on the RS9000x...until the end of June. Still a decent chunk of money, but you gotta love their performance and adjustability.

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that will about do it for now.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wrong. That 1 ton truck with a dana 60 up front and the fuel injection is no good...drop it off at my house and I'll properly "dispose" of it for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

WOW heavy, really. Thank you. Gee thats REALLY nice of you, where do you live? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I think the ORD shackle reversal might be best cause I still use it as a truck too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif