Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 4, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I posted 87 TBI start up... i started it up and white smoke came out, our street had like calf deep water and i drove thru that stuff kinda violetly and sprayed alot of it.. I started it up like 1 hr later and there was some white smoke.... am i killing anyhting, or the next time i start it up it will be fine??
    I didnt stall in the water or anyh5ting , just afraid i got a bit in my engine?? SHould i be concrened about chaning the oil if i got water in the oil (dunno how but a freidn said thats a possibility) I just changed the oil on friday.
    Help me guys!

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.

What I need: 4.57 gears, limited slip front, auto locker in the rear, KN filter, Force2 Catback, rear springs, SSR's

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you havent had the motor running very long, I would pull the plugs out and turn the crank over to check for water in the cylinders. Just turn the crank by grabbing the pulleys and belts and the water should shoot or squirt out of the plug holes. Just a thought.

<font color=blue>"Ya don't have to beat it, ya know!!!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If the engine didnt bog or stall I wouldnt be concerned about the water. If you want to check to be sure, just pull the oil dipstick and see if there is any water droplets on it. Im assuming its never smoked before? If I remember correctly white smoke is oil burning. Mine does it on start-up do to bad valve seals.

4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I have hydralic locked a impala before in 4 feet of water when I was younger and ever more stupid we just needed to let it sit an hour and through the air cleaner away and get a jump.

5. you didn't get water in the oil. so, you have never has white smoke puff out your exhaust before on startup? or is this the first time you've noticed? 350's leak from the valve guides ( correct me guys if im mistajen there ) and will give you a puff or sometimes when they get really sloppy, like my 83 305 motor, a gout of white smoke.... did it stumble when you ran thru the water, and was then hard to start? you coulda gotten the MAF wet....

greg, in houston where rain is for some reason an everyday occurrence now.....

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ok well.... its the 3rd tiem starting it up since ig ot it and first time noticing the smoke... the engine didnt even spout when i hit the water....what are possible entry ways of water into the oil chamber?

What I need: 4.57 gears, limited slip front, auto locker in the rear, KN filter, Force2 Catback, rear springs, SSR's

7. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

past the ring if it got into the cylinders and from what you said don't worry about it. It didn't

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Wheew , im relived!
    You guys are bada$$ i posted this like 5min ago and already 4 replies from other people =D