Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dieselmh, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'm not taking donations for the "Help Matt buy land" charity. I just found 46 acres for sale near my house and I really want it. The guy is asking $3,300/acre for it, which isn't bad, but is still more than I can afford. Just wanted to let you know that I am accepting donations for this cause. For a mere $25 you will receive a handwritten, personalized thank you note as well as some dirt from the land. You will also be more pleased with yourself for helping out a fellow K5'er and your aura will be refreshed. The land fronts a creek on two sides, which I plan on turning into my very own mini offroad park for my K5 and four wheeler. Any contributors to the "Help Matt buy land" fund will receive an invitation to my offroad park when it is complete, and I'll supply the beer for the after party. Thank you for your support.

2. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

wow, sounds like a deal! for the wheeling and beer, that is. But $3,300/acre does not. not that i know much about land. Is it right outside a town or something? 3000 is usually the max for land around here, inless it has potential to be developed

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

DAMN!!! $3,300 for an acre? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Around here in my parts, one acre goes for around an average of $500. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I will be looking to try and buy about 15 acres by my folks farm sometime soon. We are talking about $7500 for 15 acres. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Actually, that's not a bad price for around here. It's not near a town, it's about 10 miles from the nearest town, but that's where people want to live. The land down the street was subdivided, and had roads put in and is selling for $31,000 for a 1/4 acre tract. The cheapest that I have found land is $1,400 an acre, but you have to buy a couple hundred acres to get it for that price, and I can't afford that. The price isn't that bad, I'm just too poor to pay it.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Dang, I thought $3300 per acre was pretty good...

Around here, $3300'll get you a parking spot for a year. On LI, an acre of bare land (or treed land) is worth more than a frickin 20 lb brick of gold... I just did a search for land in the town we were trying to buy a house in:

3 Properties Found Displaying 1 through 3.

List Price: $30,000
    School District #3
    Zoning: Residential
    Lot Size: 20 X 100 ML# 1459153 <----- WTF is someone going to do with a 20x100 lot?? Build a driveway??

List Price: $44,000
    School District #1
    Lot Size: 40 X100 ML# 1456995

List Price: $55,000
    School District #1
    Lot Size: 67 X 100 ML# 1452845

20x100 lot=$30,000 ; 40x100 lot=$44,000 ; 67x100 lot=$55,000

Hey Wes, I'll buy 15 acres at that price!! I can sell it up here for double, and people would think they got a deal on "some awesome southern land that's going dirt cheap"...

6. MT ZION

MT ZION Registered Member

Where abouts are you? Here in Southern California you cant even by a decent house for under $300,000.00. I think I need to move soon. My dream is to build another K5 and run to the hills!

Good Luck,

MT ZION

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

John, move to Kans-Ass. It's boring here, but at least in smaller towns, the taxes, houses and land are waayyy cheaper than out in Cali. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

No shemp.. damn... 3k an acre??? That is NUTZ... move to ark... got a GREAT house with a inground pool for right at 100K... plus LOTS of wheeling space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think that's bad ? I live in the Black Hills of tourist trap South Dakota. All real estate is way over priced.

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'm not entirely sure what land costs out here, but from the way the cram houses on it, and as close together as they can, I'd imagine its quite expensive. I've thought about getting some land to either build up at my whim, or for investment purposes. if I ever stumble across a lot of money, or win the lottery, I'll have to go through with my uuberplan to build an exclusive neighborhood, complete with Neighborhood association. not just any neghborhood association, but the kind that requires all residents to have at least 1 car project in progress at any given time, and to make sure the mud pits are plentifuly soupy, and that the oil recyclers come out and drain the bin at least once a month, or anytime it gets full. I mean don't get me wrong, this isn't going ot be a horrendously trashy place covered in oil and crap, the front yards of said houses will look nice, and the garage will be out back on an alley/access road so as to keep everything looking nice. houses will be custom built around the garage requirements, piped air and whatnot, etc.

oh well, we'll see as time moves on, if I can make it happen...

-Rich

11. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

Last I knew (About 3 years ago), you could buy a 60X100 lot in town, for around 60k. That's just the lot, then you still have to buy sewer/water/electric taps...

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Hey here in beuatyful northern Va you can get a nice half acre lot for around 375k.