Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help...Mesa Area

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by azblazer, Feb 17, 2005.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Found a buy it now sweetheart on ebay i need in mesa az.
    Rust free 76 k5...$500. Problem is i live in colorado. Seller has to have it gone by 3-1-05. Can anyone help me out with the removal and storage until i can get a free weekend here really soon to drive down and trailer it back to colorado? Its the replacement body for the chalet i have been searching for...Marv? Rob? Nick?

DW

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm game for assisting in the recovery of said vehicle, but I think one more yard ornament might just push my wife over the edge. If all else fails I can probably call in a favor to an individual who could be sympathetic to our situation, but if anybody else can handle the storage it would be better for me.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Does it run? Rob is borrowing my trailer, and he has to bring it back to me. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone? He could load your K5 on my trailer, and bring them both here. You could stop by and get your K5 and the hardtop. Just a thought.

4. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

Do you have an address?

5. azblazer

Thanx nick and fred. That idea would work like a charm at prescott is a shorter trip for me to do in one weekend. Don't have an address as of yet...got his phone number and plan to call him at lunch today. Once i nail down the help end in az then i'll go ahead with the buy it now this evening.

Fred...can you get a hold of Rob? I give up...he won't answer my pm's or calls to his house. And no...she doesn't run or have a title...but all i want is the tub and frame...

Will try and get a truck with a gose neck so i can get both of my blazers out of there in one shot...as i have that 73 at dave's house in avondale also....unless...i can hire fred to bring them up to colorado for a fee...

DW

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Doug, Marv and Rob are at the dunes, that's why you can't get ahold of him.

Unfortunately my trailer is too short to haul 2 Blazers, otherwise I would bring them to you bud.

Don't wait too long for the buy it now, it may be gone.

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I would gladly help you out Doug, but like Nick, I have too many of those ornaments already. City has already been called by one of my "good neighbors" once. Nothing came of it, but I did find out that I'm already exactly at the legal limit (he fudged and counted my truggy as an ATV not an unlicensed vehicle), and I'm sure they are just waiting for a chance to call again. :crazy: Good luck, let me know if I can help in any other way.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm still in county land ( I expect anexxation when 202 done ) and have backyard room , depends on what the wife allows . We already have one in the garage , one in the driveway , and I have 2 friends trucks parked out front right now . I can at least ask her tonight if another can temporarily roost , but I have no way to fetch it :dunno:

9. azblazer

Owner says k5 is located near mesa and main in a lot?
    Just did the buy it now deal. Freind of mine is looking for a
    trailer as i type so we can do a 2 truck and trailer banzai run possably
    next weekend or there abouts as i also have to get the 73 out of lil dave's place in avondale...

:D

DW

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  10. pauly383

Ok , wife says it can temporarily live in my backyard if nothing comes through and you need a safe place for it . I have a dog who will bark at strangers in the yard when I am not home .

I don't have any means to help other than storage space if you need it , but if you need a body next weekend to help load unload etc , I am off work all next weekend :D

11. azblazer

Thanx for the help paul!

Looks like the deal is shaping up to be a mad dash weekend...have the wifes burb and uncles trailer and my buddy found a trailer to make the run with also so we can grab both K5's at once...plan is to drive down friday the 25th...load the 73 at lil dave's saturday...cruise over to mesa and load the 76...then possably do a hang out at a hooters or somebodys driveway and hed back sunday early with a stop off at freds in prescott to pick up the top for the 73...least ways this is the plan loosely...will keep every one posted. Will need some volunteers to load the k5's onto the trailers...or someone who happens to have a K5 with a winch...

Fred, sorry i missed the call today...i'll call you tomorrow man.

DW

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Lil Dave' is on the Westside right? If you need a K5 with a winch I can help out over there. I have got stuff to do to the K5 that day though so I don't know if I can break away for the whole day to help you out on the eastside.

Let me know if you need my winch over at Dave's and I can probably show up to help you out.

Harley

13. mosesburb

My driveway is your driveway.

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I'm back in town....

Let me know if I can help!

Marv

15. azblazer

Marv...got winch? Coming down friday and pickup will be saturday. A winch would help get the K5 on the trailer. Main and Mesa is what he tells me...stored in a friends lot. Never been to main and mesa so i don't know whats around that area.

Nick...could pick you up saturday if you have it off for a navigator to get me to the east side....lol.

DW

16. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Only winch I got is on the FunBuggy..... We'd need a snatch block too... I could prolly borrow one from my neighbor.

Marv

17. pauly383

We can high lift winch if need be , for that matter if it has a bumper we can push it up with my truck perhaps . I could even pull it with a strap if need be ?

18. pauly383

You can get to Mesa Dr. and Main from the US 60 eastbound from any freeway through Phoenix , get off at Mesa and go North to Main . I got a local map of Mapquest , you can type in the intersection and get directions all the way from your home :)

19. mosesburb

Pick me up?? Sorry I'm not quite that easy (contrary to popular beliefs), anyways your driving scares me so gimme the keys, I'll drive :D.

Just kidding. I really am that easy, your driving is wonderful and I can't wait to load that hunk of **** onto a trailer (Yes I am jealous that you will have more non-running vehicles than i do).

See you Saturday :saweet: .

20. azblazer

Arrived almost without incident today around 1 pm. Will be meeting at mosesburb's place around 9am. Marv...give me a call if you want to come check out the new aquisition...or call nicks house.

DW