Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help might have started cutting wrong wires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kustom71, Mar 22, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

hey
    have i got a question for you guys!
    I am in the process of putting a 350 tpi motor in an 86 blazer 4X4 so im under the dash and the peviopus owner really hacked things up.install/uninstall lights,alarms,radar detectors,running board lights etc.
    I found this black box under the dash just laying there like its an alarm box so i pull it out(cut some wires)and the label says "OEM REPLICA SERIES"
    automatic transmission
    ELECTRONICS
    MODULE
    p/n2700140
    it also has adjustment screws on it any one know what this is for is it aftermarket or did i really mess up
    thanx /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

need to know what color wires and where at exactly in the truck wher eits mountd and how and what next to and what color and size thing it is. sounds like you just need to find a good used harness, they easy to find, ive tossed alot of good harnesses 73-up i woulda gave up.

good luck

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like some aftermarket thing. Might be a lockup converter controller that lets you change what MPH it locks?

Never seen a GM piece that affects vehicle operation thats adjustable, at least like that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif