Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!!!! mild death wobble....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Oct 29, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Not realy a death wobble but a wobble at between 55 an 60 and its on a 96 toyota T100 pick up, I would post this in "other rides" but I actuallt wanted some one to see it.
    Could it be that the tires are out of balance, any suggestions would be greatly apreciated, also both bumpers are dented, so the frame may be slightly tweaked,TIA....

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Knock it down in sections.

Run 'er up to speed, get the vibration to happen and take note:
    On or off the gass ? Possibly rear drive-line, U-joints or im-balanced drive-line.
    Kick into neutral, still vibrates ? Possibly tire related (drive-train is not "in-action"). Have the tires balanced useing a "road-force variation" balancer, this machine will take into acount "out-of-round" rims/tires ect..and if the can be crrected, in some-cases.

- if the vibration is "at the steering-wheel" - sure sign of a tire imbalance or a brake pulastion (if it happens during brake application).

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What, didn't like our abuse in the PNW forum? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

my old 10 bolt had really bad worn out pinion bearings, and when i was coming to a stop it would bounce the bed up and down and almost make the tires come off the ground. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif