Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help MSN virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Apr 15, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got one of the cool MSN viruses. Anybody know which virus/s this is can be. It's pretty good. It locked my zonealarm firewall prevent any antivirus program from running, prevents msconfig acces and regedit access. I uninstalled zonealrm to get online, but blocks sits like symatec and other removal tool sites. I'll be back in a while to work on this some more. somebody help please:eek1:

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Most anti-virus software comes with an emergency boot-up disk that should bypass those problems. But I haven't had the pleasure of finding out.... yet.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OK I gave up on fixing it. I saved all my important stuff and reformatted. I am reinstalling progrmas right now, and I have gotten two messenger service from windows pop up and say my registry needs to be cleaned. Dont know what this means. Anybody know a "free" program to do this? I am not paying $40 to do it. This computer isnt gonna be around much longer anyway.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That's just fancy spam hiding as a system message

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I use RegVac:http://www.regvac.com/ It is free to download. After 30 days a popup comes up asking you to buy it when you open the program.. But even if you dont buy the program it still works. It is a very good easy to use registry cleaner.

Beings you are still getting popups you still probabally have a virus and or spyware in your system/registry.
    Try booting up in safe mode.
    Then go here and do a free scan: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/It takes a while to set it up and do the scan but it is an excelent online virus scan. Just follow the instructions. It will find everything in your system and remove it. or tell you how to manually remove the virus.

Also you might want to check out:http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
    AVG Free is a great free virus protection program. I use it on my laptop and PC. I have been using AVG Free for about 2 years and never had any problems. Best of all its totally free.