Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help...my blazer is dead

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok here is more to my story with the dealer forgettin to put my rad. cap back on after a heater core instll..
    well i go a call from the dealer today and they told me what i kinad alreay knew....i had a blown head gasket and other random things leaking...so i said ok...no what are u goin to do about it....and here was there answer....the only thing they are willing to do for me to fix THEIR mistake is give me 200 buck twards a new motor...now thats a load of [censored]...they wont budge on it either...the keep sayin its not their fault that it overheated and caused the problems but i am figuring if i go in to get something fixed i should get it back in better shape than i took it in as...i only drove it 2 miles from the dealer befor it heated up so i shut it down...i called em and they came and picked me up and the dead K5 and filled it back up with water and told me to go....they said it sould be ok but if i have any problems to bring it back...so what should i do.....i figure i have a few options here
    1: Pick up my blazer and tell em to F&^K off.
    2: Pick up my K5 and take it in the ass and take the 200 offer.
    3: Pick up my K5 and tell em to stick the 200 up their ass and ill see em in court.

What should i do..
    By the way the motor has 130000 on it now and it was in perfect runnin condition befor any of this happened...it all started with a damn heater core!

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Oh yea one more thing...the bill for the heater core replace ment was 285 so if i take the 200 then it comes down to i paid 85 bucks for them to screw up my motor!...
    Also if any one would like to know what dealer it is:

TRADEWAY Cheverlot
    Manteca CA

They are no longer on my top 10 list for good repair places...

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That sucks. Gotta be a way to pressure them........like talking to the GM of the dealership..........or the owner.......BBB is a definite call away you threaten......lawyers might be able to help, but hate to get them involved, only costs everyone $$ (sorry if I insulted any of the legal profession [​IMG]. Heck, I saw a guy picketing the local Fo%d dealership here in Gresham for a few days.......then he was gone. Don't know if he got what he wanted but sure made you think with him standing right out front with a bit picket, ya know.

Good luck........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Since you are close to the bay area, I would recomend calling the BBB first, followed by a call to 7 on your side! Are you familiar with them? A guy on channel 7 has a staff that helps consumers. Most businesses tuck tail and run when they hear t.v. involved! They know bad publicity can cost a hella'v alot more than your motor. Also, post their phone# here, and we can all give them an earfull! Don't forget to mention who we should ask for at the dealership! Let us know... however you deal with it! And good luck!

5. 88blazer

88blazer Registered Member

I had a problem with a Mazda dealer a few years back. After $500 and several trips and screaming at every inbred in there I called Mazda. The next day I got a call from the dealer asking me then I could bring the car back. They had some guy from another dealer 30 miles away come fix my problem at their shop. The dealership paid for him to fix it right. I guess the manufacture don't like to hear their dealers are screwing customers. Try calling Chevy, hopefully they’ll be as accommodating.

Hit? Those tires rub . Rubbin' is off roadin'.
    http://www.personal.psu.edu/bjh182

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Alright i took 88Blazer's advice...i e-mailed gm with the whole sory and i guess ill have to wait and see what happens...i am guessin they are goin to defend their dealer...but oh well....
    Goin to court is always a option still

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Goin to get a new motor!

Well after fighing all week i have come the conclusion i am goin to have to bend over and take it in the ass...(hand me the bottle of KY...j/k)
    well as of today i have a motor on order from Jim Pace GM parts and goin to install it myself...and then goin to sue the dealer for at least half the cost of the new motor...since the motor is some what worn out i think it should be part on me......but its still jacked that they wont stand behind their work...they told me that they would replace the head gasket but would not back up their work on that so if i had anymore probs or dident run right after the gasket was on they would not me lieable so i am figuring if i am not goin to have a reliable truck its time for a new motor..
    Well just thought all of you that responded might want to know what happened....
    oh yea i called chevy and they were no help at all....they just told me they couldent do anything about it...it was between me and the dealer and they dident want to get in the middle of it...
    so anyone from the central valley in CA...if u ever need work done to your K5 or need parts DO NOT GO TO TRADEWAY unless u want it to come back runnin like [censored].
    Ok i am done

8. flashingback

flashingback Registered Member

In Oregon here we have small claims court which gives you the right to sue for $2,000 or more ? not sure since its been awhile but it only costs $50 to file and then you can tell your story to the judge. That might work. If you know a bunch of bikers, you can have them hang out in front of the dealership also, maybe put a sign on your rig saying they wont stand behind their work, good luck !