Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! My Driveshaft is Stuck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Well I swapped rear ends and put the old yoke on the new axle. Had a bad vibration so I loosened everything up and made sure I had the axle square on the springs two seperate times. Well by the end I had it smoothed out alot but it was still vibrating. Before I got home it threw both caps off the U-Joint at the axle but the straps are still there and tight. Well I went to pull the shaft and I can't get it out of the transfer case. Anyone know what could have it hung up or what would cause the caps to come off the U-Joint? The straps were still torqued down. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

TIA,
    James

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

probably caps slightly smaller idameter than what is correct, i have seen this happen before, there are a couple different size caps for half ton, kind alike 12 botl vs. 10 bolt

i assume this is on a 1/2 ton

dunno on the trans case output end of the shaft, hmm, wierd..

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Did it have C-clips? Mabye you forgot them?

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Steve,

Thanks I think you hit the nail on the head. Now that I think about it I didn't check after I got them pressed on. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Randy,

I dunno what's got that thing stuck. I talked to my uncle and he said he's had them do it to him before and to take a small jack and slowly work it out /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I'll give it a shot /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

*edit* sorry got the names mixed up the first time /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Would it be safe to say this would be the cause of my vibration?

Thanks again,

James

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

on my truck the slip yoke was a PITA to get out(had to hammer it out and hammer it back in) come to find out the tail shaft was cracked and it was wedged against the yoke making it a PITA