Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help my harness is gone

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tmaxxer9, Mar 6, 2003.

1. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

ok i have a 75 k5 blazer that someone chopped the harness out and i need to know what wires are what. i have a gray one that i have no clue where it goes, then i have a white one that is hanging down by my feet, that i have no idea what it is for(i will be using it as my full time power to the radio), then i have a black one that i beleive is ground. if anyone knows what these are really for, then please help fill me in.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would cap all those off and run all new wires for a stereo system. I never mess with wires after someone else has fawked with them couse you don't know if someone rewired/fawked up the wires.

3. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

i was thinking about doing that, but i don't wanna do all that work.

4. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. You never know what the shmuck before did.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's less work then trying to figure out what wire went where !!! You said it's a 75 ??? That would have been one speaker in the center of dash. So you'd need to wire the speakers anyways. Might as well wire the Red-swichable hot. Orange or Yellow-non switchable (Constant) hot. Black-ground. while you're at it and know everythinng is right !!!!!!

6. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

so there was only one speaker in the dash. was there any in the doors too or no

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I own a 76, and it came with only the one in the center of the dash. Thats it, so would think the 75 would be the same.

8. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

ic. my 75 has a hole in each door for a 6x9. someone must have put them there then. oh well.