Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! My hub is trying to make permanent residence!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 83_k10, Jul 8, 2005.

1. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

I am doing the brakes on my '83 K10 p/u and i have the outer retaining ring and internal hub out and the inner snap ring out but the hub is still holding on and I can't see what the *%@! is still holding it in there,I know it needs new grease in the hub so i went ahead and sprayed brake parts cleaner in the assembly to see without all the grease and still nothing appears to be holding it in.I'm lost is there a hidden ring or clip I don't see?I'm hoping to get this done tonight (jul 8 10:30 pm, Indiana) so any help asap is greatly appreciated.

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you take the spindle nuts off?

3. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

Tool?

:doah:I see the nut it has 4 tabs directly across from each other but i don't have a specialty tool to get them off, and the closest place where I might be able to get Auto Zone that is open 24 hours is 50 miles away.E verything close to here closes at 9 pm.

4. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

Problem solved,...

I ended up driving out to get the tool and got it taken care of. Thank you for your help.I've done many brakes before but this was my first 4 wheel drive,so I didn't know what I was looking at,or what to look for.This was a learning experience for me and i got it now.Thanks again.:D

5. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

From the title of your post, at first I thought you meant "husband" rather than "hub." Kinda changes the way it sounds. :D