Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!! HELP !! Need a few muscular AZ Doods........

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Greg72, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry to crash on your local site, but I need to ask for a little bit of help from anyone near the Phoenix/Glendale area.

This weekend, I will become the proud owner of a 1969 Blazer Tub. It's located in Glendale, and I have someone already lined up with a trailer to pick it up and deliver it up here to San Jose.....

THE CATCH:

The guy who owns it, had about 4 guys lined up to help with the lifting and they are all "flaking out" on him. Which means that this Sunday (11/9) at 10:30AM...... there will only be two guys there trying to lift this heavy S.O.B.

Is there anyone willing to help me out that can donate about 1/2 hour on Sunday? It's literally about a 10 foot walk from where the tub is, to where the trailer will be parked!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I can provide detailed driving directions for anyone who needs them, phone numbers, etc. Just give me a call or PM me...I'll do all the legwork to make it as SIMPLE as possible for anyone who's willing to help me out of this dilemma.

Please spread the word. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks a million guys! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Greg

(408) 309-1716 cell

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

The location is over S of Cactus on 37th AV just West of the I17. It's got 8” tires mounted on the firewall end but they are flat and need reseated. So really it just needs someone to air them up and carry the tail end. In other words, it should be possible to do it without throwing your back out. I have other commitments or I would be going to do it...

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Other commitments, yeah, sure pal (Quote, <sigh>, unquote)

I can be there as it is right around the corner from my house. That is provided there are no hitches from this rodeo of a wedding that my house has been thrown into a tizzy over /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.....
    I'll contact you for the details, Greg.

4. the hulk

the hulk Registered Member

if you still need guys to lift i can help too i just live up the road from there too let me know when i will be there

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

pm me info, I may be driving out to phoenix Sunday, maby I can pop up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    if you still need guys to lift i can help too i just live up the road from there too let me know when i will be there

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'ed Ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    pm me info, I may be driving out to phoenix Sunday, maby I can pop up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'ed Ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. the hulk

why do i get this message when i try to pm some one Only supporting CK5 Members are allowed to send Private Messages.

9. Greg72

Maybe you weren't logged in?

Bluebies or Anonymous are restricted from PM's....since you are a paying member, there should be no problem.

I'd say PM Steve if you continue to have problems, but I realize that's bad advice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can always call me (cell phone is listed above) if you need to.

10. mosesburb

It be on a trailer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    You sure got some nice lookin' stuff!

11. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    It be on a trailer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    You sure got some nice lookin' stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

.....and I have a complete list of what's SUPPOSED to be there, so don't get any funny ideas!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, thank you SO much for your help. I know that randy72 wanted to help and meet some other AZ guys, but he ended up in the hospital yesterday instead /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm not sure who else showed up with you Nick, but my thanks go out to ALL of you who helped and coordinated this with me.

A very special thanks goes out to Pete (k2-k5) who saw the "for sale" posting on another board and was nice enough to contact me to let me know about it. It was a random act of kindness, from someone I've never met..... another example of what makes the CK5 community so GREAT! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. the hulk

sorry guys i really want to come help and get the chance to meet some guys from k5 site but ended up in the emergency room with a infected knee cap it was sore allday but thout it would go away but it just got worst ended up in the hospital for two day should be back on my feet by the end of the week i hope sorry i couldn't help out guys mabe next time /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. mosesburb

No worries man. I *think* I was the only member that was there and I'm definitely not worth making a special trip to meet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. There were enough large guys there that loading it was about as easy as one could hope for. Hope you heal up there real soon. Knee pain sucks. There are a few members here who will attest to that.
    Take care, get better,
    Nick