Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP Need laws for a school project!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Apr 21, 2003.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I have this school project where I have to write bills and try to get them passed as laws. So I'm going to write them changing some laws, such as mudflaps, so you wouldnt have to have them all the time. I just need your help to let me know all the differrent laws, and not the ones every one knows like head lights, I mean the laws out there that give the local fuzz reason to pull us in our K5's over,and cite us. Some personal experince would be great help, because then I know for sure its an actual law. All the hepl would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

search for dumblaws.com, it is illigal to have oral sex in Arizona, help we need these changed, my g/f is getting ancy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Laws differ from one state to another. You may want to talk to some local cops about what they think.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it is illigal to have oral sex in Arizona, help we need these changed, my g/f is getting ancy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> For those wondering what constitutes "too much information" in a post, please refer to the above, it is WAAY over that line. [​IMG] </font>

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    it is illigal to have oral sex in Arizona, help we need these changed, my g/f is getting ancy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> For those wondering what constitutes "too much information" in a post, please refer to the above, it is WAAY over that line. [​IMG] </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Only without the video footage. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

It doesnt matter what state, just tell me some laws.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The speed limit law in California mandating semi trucks and vehicles towing trailers travel at a slower speed on the highways than other vehicles...........

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

9. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Nice post picture Desert Rat! There should be a law in boys frying there arms off!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    The speed limit law in California mandating semi trucks and vehicles towing trailers travel at a slower speed on the highways than other vehicles...........

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding!!! It seems all the semi's go 70 while me and my trailer are going 56 and cops are all over me... I drove all the way to Raines with my 28 footer going 58 mph, that took forever! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Seatbelt shoulder belt use, in Washington at least. My rig is a 71, so how is Johnlaw gonna tell if I have My seatbelt on? I alway's do, but they look at the shoulderharness being drawn across your chest as a sign of non-compliance. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    AHHHHHH! I hate Calif's stupid laws. I cant drive 55!!! I get cramps in my foot! And fall asleep a lot.
    Here in Nevada you can tow on the Interstate at 75 plus without being bothered. there is no slower speed limit for trucks &amp; towing
    They cant pull you over for not wearing seat belts either as its not a primary offense.
    Lift laws= Your truck can be as high as you want as long as the bumper is 25" off the ground. Need mud flaps for oversize tires but not enforced too hard.
    No smog laws/test except for Reno and Las vegas. Where they do a sniffer.
    Of course all laws are enforced with more enthusiasm if yur a teenager or look like a drug runner.

13. K5MONSTERCHEV

Man I want to live in Nevada!

14. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

in georgia, after teenagers get their liscences, the only people allowed in the car with them are family and teeneagers. curfew is 12, instead of 1. write 1000 letters asking for the change, please!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Certain parts of the Interstate in WA do not allow trucks in the left lane. (Passing lane for most of us) Also, no trucks or trailers in the HOV lane, trailer bit apparently is aimed at everyone. Truck being anything over 10,000GVW.

Unlawful to drive in the left hand lane, it is to be used for passing ONLY.

On two lane road (one each direction) it is unlawful to hold up more than 5 vehicles if you are going under the posted speed limit. If you notice vehicles piling up behind you, you are required to pull over and let them pass.

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Nevada, that's where I'm gonna retire. Probably the Minden/Gardnervill area. If it doesn't grow too big in the meantime.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif