Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help: Need Pass side e-brake cable for older style back plate.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silverado4x4, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

The current passenger side e-brake cable is like 6 feet long, and goes from under the drivers side and crosses over the axle to the pass drum. I need one that long, with the drum side to be the old fashioned, held in by two bolts style, and then the other to be a long threaded rod to go threw that bracket on the truck (the truck is a '86). Does anyone make this? I found the correct conversion for the drivers side....

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since your truck is an 86, sounds like someone swapped one side backing plate to make the passenger side cable work for that year truck. You failed to mention if the rear was a 14FF, 12, 10 bolt, and when you swap in an 82 and older rear, you would need to change the backing plates in order to make your e-brakes work.

3. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

sorry, yea the rear is a '74 14 FF and thats the thing, i didn't change the backing plates when i swapped it in. I was able to find a cable that worked on the drivers side, but so far cannot find one that will work on the passenger. I was wondering if anyone has swapped in an older axle and found correct e-brake lines to swap up.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Go to the parts store and ask for a cable to fit say, an 85 3/4 ton 4x4 truck. This should be the one to fit in that little hole and work for your year of ride.