Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help! need some advice on a hard to find part...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by offroadnut, Mar 13, 2005.

1. offroadnut

offroadnut 1/2 ton status

I dropped my fuel tank last night to replace my fuel sending unit. it was rusted and leaking. I also have a bad mainline section of hose. The truck has a 10 or 12 inch section of Braded Gas line with a compression fitting on the end that goes to the hard line gas line. that compression fitting is now loose and leaking as well. none of the normal part stores around here have it... any idea's for a fix...

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dealer then

or junk yard

good luck

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Stock steel braided fuel line is fairly universal between similar year GM cars. Slightly different lengths from what I've seen, but not that much.

You say the fitting is loose, as in the crimp to the braided section, or where it is mated to the sender? Depending on that, is the o-ring shot? Usually they should be replaced when the line is pulled, they are what seals the line to the fitting.

FWIW, I can *probably* provide the part numbers if your local GM dealer can't get them for you. That is of course, if you want brand new. I'd get the part numbers from the dealer in your case, then go plug them into gmpartsdirect.com. They always beat my dealers prices by a large margin, even with the shipping costs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

those are still avalible from dealer. i put some on at work a few months ago for customer.