Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NEEDED About to buy this need to know if the bolt pattern is the same

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, May 15, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

As many of you know i need a carb for my '85. A friend of my dads runs the goodwill's car program here and just said he has a EDELBROCK CARB #1406 That he will give us a deal on!! I need to know if the bolt pattern is the same to bolt onto my stock q-jet intake manifold. ?I am sure the carb is square flang but they have adpaters for that. WILL THIS CARB BOLT IN TO PLACE ON MY INTAKE MANIFOLD????
    If yes I am going to get it, If no I will be needing a good deal on a manifold it will fit, or I cant get it. HELP

2. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Nevermind I got it. It will fit all I need is to get the carb and an adapter.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

One thing to consider is that if your rig has a computer it will freak out. The computer reads the throttle position from a sensor inside the carb, and adjusts the timing accordingly. If I am remembering correctly. But I do know that you have to change both the carb and the dist. and do away w/ the computer. I have done this on my 84 Camaro, and on the 86 Blazer. You cannot change just one or the other. Hopefully someone will agree or prove me wrong. But this was the way it was described to me when I converted the Camaro, and I did away w/ the computer on the Blazer when I was building it, so I dont know 1st hand how changing the carb alone will affect the computer. But it makes sense.

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

hey,
    if you have a computer controlled carb or distributor, and you swap just one of them out, the computer will freak out. I did this recentely on an 84 el camino. Just change out that distributor for a vacuum controleld hei one and use your eledelbrock carb.
    Blake

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Thany you! I was hoping that someone would back me up on this. LOL!

Besides I just read the other thread like this in the garage andI KNEW I posted in it last nite. I was really beginng to wonder what was going on! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif