Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NEEDED About to buy this need to know if the bolt pattern is the same

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by speed_deed, May 15, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

As many of you know i need a carb for my '85. A friend of my dads runs the goodwill's car program here and just said he has a EDELBROCK CARB #1406 That he will give us a deal on!! I need to know if the bolt pattern is the same to bolt onto my stock q-jet intake manifold. ?I am sure the carb is square flang but they have adpaters for that. WILL THIS CARB BOLT IN TO PLACE ON MY INTAKE MANIFOLD????
    If yes I am going to get it, If no I will be needing a good deal on a manifold it will fit, or I cant get it. HELP

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think it should fit on a 85 fine on that manifold (without air injection too I think cuz it's not legal on things that have to be smogged ).... it's an electric choke and it is like you thought square flange. Go to the http://www.edelbrock.com site and try the find part by type of vehicle. I looked at this just a little bit when I was having carb issues so I don't recall much more then this...

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Only Spreadbore carbs will fit on a stock intake without some kind of adapter. So the Edel Squarebore isn't going on there with out an adapter plate, if you had a Edel intake it would go on because the edelbrock intake has the squarebore bolt holes as well as the spreadbore holes.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

5. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Thanks people. I asked the edelbrock parts finder which carbs would work and It came up with this one. I will have to buy the edelbrock adapter part # 2696. I found it for $33 not too bad depending on the deal I get on the carb. This reminds me... I have to go call that guy! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I have been cleaning out the garage all day and totally forgot about it!!!!