Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help needed argument related

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheMdntRdr, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TheMdntRdr

TheMdntRdr Newbie

so last week i got out of huntsville. talk abot a racket goin on down ther. anyway, ive made it to my buddys place and down the street, theres this sweet looking blazer. guy is asking 4000 dollars for it. its a 73. paint is nice and the owner has swappd in a 14bolt in the back. its got a 6inch lift kit and he has some iroks on it. pretty sweet looking ride. dont have a camera. the problem i have with it is the 14bolt. dont rely see the need for it and once i can get back to my stomping gronds in arizona, that thing is just a boat anchor looking for a place to drop. he doesnt have the 12bolt that he took out, so if i want it, i guess im screwed until i get home with it if i buy it. so what would you do?>

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Buy it , bring it home , and I am pretty sure between the guys here , someone can swap it with ya :thumb:

I have no ready to go axles , but enough parts to make you a 12 bolt :pimp:

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The 14 bolt is definatly not a boat anchor. It is a big plus. If it is a nice clean well built truck 4k sounds like a good price to me. 12 bolts are not really much stronger than 10 bolts. If it has tires bigger than 36" you are way better off with the 14 bolt.

4. SUB602

SUB602 1/2 ton status

I would be more than willing to trade my 12 bolt for your 14 bolt. My 12 bolt has 3.73 gears and is currently on my 75 K-5. Let me know!!

5. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

X2:D

6. 87K506

87K506 1/2 ton status

ill do you one better and trade you my 10 bolt out of my blazer that just south of waco...i live in college station not that far from huntsville... lol :)