Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help needed for seat ID?????

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rep67, Oct 21, 2005.

1. rep67

rep67 Registered Member

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, but hopefully someone can tell me what seats I have. I will post the pics. the back seats won't bolt in to my 72' CST, and the front seats don't quite bolt up either. The back mounts don't match. Anyway if anyone can tell me what I got that would be much appreciated. I am hoping to get some matching back seats so if anyone has any, let me know. I am in the San Francisco bay area, near San Jose.

Thanks-

2. rep67

rep67 Registered Member

pics

Here they are.

backseat.JPG

frseat.JPG

frseat2.JPG

3. rep67

rep67 Registered Member

wow sorry so big!!!

If these are hard to look at and you know how to make them smaller let me know. I just reduced the file size so I could upload, but didn't know they were gonna be so big. I am a rookie when it comes to this stuff.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The fronts are the utility buckets. They are wider than the "other " buckets. I will look at my 70 in the morning, and check out the rear seat brackets. Have you measured center to center on the back seat mounts and compared to the holes in the floor?

5. rep67

rep67 Registered Member

Utility??

What are utility buckets? I didn't measure the back mounts. Just thought the back seat was original? guess I was wrong. The back seat has like four mount holes in a row for back and two for front of seat... i think??? 1972 cst for sure. I can measure in morning.

Thanks-

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The 1st Gens came with either "standard" buckets or "utility" buckets.... the seats you have are correct for a 1st Gen (though maybe not for a CST?) I have a set of each, and think that the utility seats might end up being a little more comfortable once they're reupholstered.....

The "standard"s seats have a very noticeable narrowing taper when viewed from the back and as you already know, the utility seats are much more square all over.

7. 3 on the tree

Myn70 has the 4 brackets in the back,BUT the front mounts are tube steel,. L shaped, held down by what looks like giant conduit clamps. Your front pass seat looks like it is missing the latch that bolts to the floor. That U shaped piece peeking out from under the side of the seat is the release lever for the seat to tilt forward. From the pic, it looks like lever is resting on the floor, not right. Hope this helps.

8. rep67

rep67 Registered Member

Thanks

Yeah I haven't put the hold down for the passenger seat in yet, I just got the seats in so I could get ready to mach up for my cage. Just did the front floor with por-15 and dupicote. I went to put the rear seat in and noticed the bolt holes didn't match up to the brackets. At least I know now that the front seats are close to correct, if only I could ID the back seat.

Thanks-

9. 3 on the tree

Check out the pics I posted under rear seat brackets. That's what your floor is set up for. Btw, the back seat out of a 3 seat Burb (1st Gen) will fit also.