Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NEEDED! Mechanical clutch linkage???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 25, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Bryan and I are ATTEMPTING to swap his 465/205 out in favor of a tighter sexy-er 465/205. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Problem is... we're stuck getting the damn thing out! The linkage has the whole damn thing STOPPED... so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a freakin clue here ppl!

-Dan

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

how is the linkage holding you up? i have a hydro clutch..but i think you would just take the linkage loose all the way and drop the setup..

3. KRAZIE87K5

Nope... that lil bastard is jammed in there between the frame bracket and the bellhousing. We've got everything loose inbetween... its just that stupid sleeve thing thats STUCK in there...

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

we just pulled really hard and it came apart... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I always separate the bell from the tranny. Makes it easy as pie because as soon as the bell bolts are loosened it'll move sideways away from the linkage. Same for installing it...line the ball up with the end of the linkage tube and get the bell bolted up first. The rest is cake...sorta. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My Z bar must be different. That POS used to always pop off the pivot balls because it was too short I guess. I ended up having to put a bolt in there to keep it in.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

where does the spring go to? we must be morons cause we cant figger that one out rite now. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I just put mine from the fork to a hole in the frame and it worked for years that way. BTW, did you guys remove the ballstud this time to get the z-bar back on.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

YUP! Thanks for the advice Tyler. Of course we put the bellhousing and everything on at once. had to unbolt the crossmember again and pry the whole mess to the passenger side with a strategically placed hilift. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. But got it done around 11:30 this morning. Another epic job for Dan and Bryan LTD. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yea, Dan and Bryan, VERY LTD (in mechanical skills) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

JK

12. KRAZIE87K5

FAWKKOFFF TYLER!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I sure know why I love my hydro setup now... that z-bar BS sure as hell has no place on my truck. The hole arrangement looks pretty fawkin' retarded if you ask me...

Anyways... I sure am glad that crappy job is DONE. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wait til you see the size of the hole I cut in my floor because I cut it in the wrong place. It's on the list of fix it items before the get together. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif