Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help needed:seat modification question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Apr 20, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i was wondering if it is possible, to convert late/early model 2nd gen blazer bucket seats (with statioinary backs), to the fold down style of 87' and up. im not talking about the seat bottom slider brackets, but the hardware to actualy make them fold down. i have access to an upholsterer at my job, so that wont be a problem. any one undertaken this, or even thought of it ? my present stationary back seats are in good shape, so i really dont want to pitch em, but use em' with slight conversion /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifthanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Damn D , you come up with some of the wierdest ideas,I've ever heard...Keep em comin' though, you gotta keep us on our toes ya know.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

lol, i just want the best of both world bro, older rig, with newer rig nicey-niceys, ya know what i mean ?
    hey, how is yur rig coming ?

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

*duh*.. you got me. *scratches head*...

to the best of my knowlege, the most you'd end up with is swapping out the internals of the folding backs, with the skin of the fixed back.