Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help needed tracking down the person who hit my wife

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Apr 12, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Hey all..

I need a hand tracking down the person that ran into my wife's durango this morning. the insurance policy the lady claimed to have was dropped about 3 weeks ago, and she hasn't returned any calls as yet to set things right.

We were given an east cleveland address of residence, but a parma phone number. ( they're not close, and the accident happened in Parma ) At this point, I'm not sure the info is even real.

Thus far, my wife did file an accident report, and has contacted our insurance company. ( who isn't much help, without an insurance company to go after.)

The info we do have that we can be certain of is the license plate, & VIN.

What we want to do is give the ohio BMV the proper contact information for this person, so we can file a report with them, and let the gov't go after them for driving without insurance, if they can't prove they have it.

Of course, if they DO have a policy, then we can get our insurance co. to go after theirs.

So, what I'm looking for is anyone who can get info using license plates or VIN's, so we can find out if they actually have insurance.

If you can help, PM me for the digits.

Thanks, Tom

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

is the wife OK??? that sucks bro.:mad:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you have a police report thay should be able to track down the vehicle by the vin # and cross that to the registration records and find them.

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

see, i thought it was going to be a story about some dude beating up your wife and i was thinking we should gang up the ck5 clan and . . . you know

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yeah, she's fine.. thanks for asking.. the truck isn't tore up too bad.. I'm just pissed we were lied to about the insurance. it was a 2005 stratus that hit her.. probably the only way the dumbass could afford a new car was to not pay for insurance at the same time.

We do have uninsured motorists coverage, but it's gonna be more fun to report her to the BMV, and when they demand proof of insurance, her license gets a two year suspension if she doesn't have any.

What really steams me was that it was pretty needless. Lisa was on a 4 lane road, sititng in the left thru lane at an intersection, right about where the yellow line begins to change,signifying the beginning of the left turn lane.

This lady comes up behind her doing about 30 or so, and wanted to get into the left turn lane a little earlier than she was supposed to, because she's too special to sit in traffic.

On her way by, she didn't know how wide her car was, and sheared her mirror off, taking the durangos tailight with it, and denting the quarter panel.

crazy thing was, there was no oncoming traffic, and this lady could have gone over as much as she wanted to get in line behind the others waiting to turn left.

So, this whole thing isn't about getting financially reimbursed as much as it is I want her to pay a stupid tax for driving like a moron without insurance.

Tom

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Aww. I should've worded it a bit differently. Although the wild west posse thing would be cool. There would be beer involved.. and guns I'm sure. not that we'd ever condone violence, you understand.

Tom

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

That's a good point. I was going to go to the police station after I gave them a day or so to to do the right thing.

Tom

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sorry to hear about that Tom. Good luck!