Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help needed with U-joint replacement!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gothamist, Apr 9, 2007.

1. gothamist

gothamist Registered Member

Greetings all. I am in the midst of a big rebuild on the front axle of my (new to me) 75 K10. I am stuck at the part where I replace the U-joints in my front axle. I can't seem to get this U-joint to come apart. As you can see, it's broken, and has been for some time. If someone can help me with a method for getting the damn thing out, I would really appreciate it. :confused:

So far I have bent the Harbor Freight C-clamp thing (my fault, in desperation I put my impact on it. :mad: ) I have also failed to get my vise to do anything useful with two sockets, and when I tried hammering on it I only chipped the concrete in my garage.

So what should I do? Many thanks...incidentally, if anyone lives near Burbank and wants to help me with this, I am happy to pay in beer. :pimp:

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

2. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Even broken, ya still need to pull the c-clips.

3. gothamist

gothamist Registered Member

Ah, okay. I thought with the cap broken like that it would just come out without me having to get the C-clips on that side. I'll go try that. Thanks!