Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

Hey, i know this is sort of the wrong forum, but i really need a lock for my tailgate handle and keys. Where do you get these from or does anyone want to sell me theres?(i wish it was that easy) Im nearly ready to drive my blazer everyday since buying it, all i need now is the seals and the lock! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

any autoparts store should have them

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

do what I did, get a latch from the pick and pull yard, take it to a locksmith, have it re-keyed, total 35.00 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 76blazerguy

i have tried jcwhitney and most autoparts stores in my area, no where has them. I would get one from a scrap one if i could find one??? Any other ideas guys?

6. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

both www.chevyduty.com and www.lmctruck.com sell them for like $22-$25 brand new, direct fit /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ok... looked and Chevyduty sells for $22: Part # 11-306
    lmc requires you have a catalog, and they tend to be a little slower on order processing, but they carry 10x the parts that Chevyduty carries

if you are leary about internet companies: both are good companys that many (most) people here use, i have used both many times and i trust them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. 76blazerguy

Thanks so much, i have been looking everywhere and have called scrap yards all over my area and even places around the country! My next question is another security one. Im gonna make a new post as i may get some more answers that way