Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NEEDED!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GDBlazerFun, Jul 15, 2002.

1. GDBlazerFun

GDBlazerFun Registered Member

Please Help...

I was out playing this weekend... Went down a trail where I had to turn around... As I was backing around the corner to turn around I heard a snap... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif (I thought it was a U-Joint or something like that!) Looked around saw nothing broken! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Drove it out same trail no problems... Crawled under the car still couldn't see anything damaged... Drove home (30 miles) And noticed that my Blazer was bleeding... Traced the blood back to where it was coming from and discovered the Transfer Case was draining itself out of my breather... (I have extended the tube up into the engine compartment for waterproofing!)

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Does Anyone have any idea what is going on?? I haven't pulled it yet... (No time!)

P.S. Vital Info: 1987 / 350 / 700R4 / NP208 / Stock

HELP!!!!!

Thank you

Greg -

2. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

I had a problem like you it ended up being a bad seal from the tranny to transfer case. The tranny fluid filled up the transfer case and blew it out the breather. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>