Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help: New door wont line up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dduckblazer, Nov 28, 2002.

1. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

I just got a repalecment door. I left the hing bolted to the body and unbolted it at the door. When I bolted on the new door it dosent want to line up. I tried moving it up. Still needs to go forward and up about 1/4 inch.
    Any tips or tricks to make it line up right?????

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll have to move the body side of the hinges. Mark them with a scribe all around the hinge and then loosen them off and adjust the location. Snug up the bolts and try it again.

There is one bolt that is a PITA because it comes from inside out unlike all the others. Up under the dash is a rubber plug and an access hole. A deep socket will work. Being double jointed would also be an asset./forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I set my doors so there was an equal space all around the door. I did this with the striker bolt removed...then I set the striker bolt last.

Be prepared to have to spend a few hours getting it just right. The door should close and latch with minimal effort.

Rene

3. FunintheMud-K5

FunintheMud-K5 Registered Member

Well if its a replacement door and not a GM Door..Then all i have to say is good luck to you..I used to work at a Body Shop and always dreaded replacing doors or fenders or anything aftermarket..They took forever to line up correctly and some didnt...Gotta love GM Parts..I have 2 doors and 2 fenders that are aftermarket and just dreading putting them on...

Bill /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trailkrawlers4x4/

4. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

Its Gm , Came off a blazer

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

You may want to replace the hinge pins. When I put my NEW GM door's on, they lined up fine, but there was a bit of play in the hinge-- the local NAPA store had them for like 13 bucks each...

Brandy