Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!! New lift, now need brake lines...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86haubs, Jun 10, 2006.

1. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

Okay so I finished putting the lift on My burb tonight, but now my brake lines are too short. I can barely turn the wheel. Getting the lift and tire was like pulling teeth from the wife, so don't really have the money for extended lines, HELP!!
    I was thinking about getting '99 3/4t burb lines, the are 25 inches, my stock is 20". Will this work, has anyone done this, or have any suggestions.

The Superlift kit came with the brake brackets, but I do not think they will help enough!

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

If your front axle is a 10 bolt then yes those lines will work. I run pretty much the same lines on my K5 and they should only be about $13 a piece. What about your rear brakeline how tight is it?

Ira

3. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

It is tight, but not that bad., it is workable. I will re check tomorrow in the daylight. Yes I do have a 10 bolt, so you said you have these lines up front and they worked? Where did you get them, and did they have them in stock? What lines are you running?

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I got them at pepboys and they were in stock. I asked for brakes lines from a 93? C1500. Basically any 1/2 ton IFS chevy truck or SUV from 92-99. I have 4" of lift and I run the 25" long lines on my Dana 60. Dana 60s and 10 bolts use the same brakeline fittings on the calipers.

Ira

5. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

Thanks IRA your a life saver! Well I gotta sleep so I can get up early and fix the truck, thanks again. Will try to post pics tomorrow!

6. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can find a part number for a rear brake line that is like 26" long if you need one too I think it was 20 bucks

7. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

I don't need a rear one, it works just fine. A little tight at full travel, but nothing to worry about.

8. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

for what it's worth, shane74 has a good deal on extended brake lines and is an easy connection if you ever need wierd lines (like 1/2 ton at one end and 3/4 ton on the other or 10b on one end, d44 on the other.)

9. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

SkyJacker Lines!

I run SkyJacker brake lines. They are extended braided stainless steel lines, DOT aproved. I highly recomend them because I know they fit exactly and actually improve stopping power by eliminating the expantion in the lines that can happen with rubber hoses. Search http://www.summitracing.com to find the right ones for ya.