Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help..NO BRAKE LIGHTS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IDGMC, Feb 25, 2005.

1. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

Ok, I posted the other day about my dash brake light staying on, Well today I was pokin around a realized I don't have rear brake lights when I push the pedal down. Also my cruise control won't disengage?! I really don't want a ticket or a wreck. Its a 91 1500 w/ abs (at the rear):confused:

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sounds like the switch on the pedal is bad or loose. check the wires also. IIRC its to the right of the pedal at the top

3. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

thanks I'll give that a try in the morning. Would a bad switch affect the cruise control also??

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the crusie shuts off when you step on the brake, i think they both use the same switch, so if the switch is bad then the cruise is not getting a signal to shut off.

if they use a different switch, it might be the tab sticking out the touches them is bent or missing.

5. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your help! I've only had the blazer for a week, so i'm trying to work out all the bugs