Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP - No brake lights!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I just finished the installation of my SM465/NP205 and I had the steering column partially removed and the brake pedal removed. I installed a clutch pedal and re-installed my brake pedal into a hanger from another truck. I then installed the brake switch back into my hanger and the brake lights do not work! I have turn signals and hazard lights - all of which work off the same bulb filament as the brakes do. I have checked for power at the brake light switch and do not have any. I have jumped the wires across the brake light switch to check if it is bad, and still no lights! Any mechanics out there that can trouble shoot this for me? Inspecion is coming up this week and I have no <font color=red>Brake lights</font color=red>

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Are you useing the same brake switch? Maybe it is bad!!
    I am also assuming you have checked the fuses.
    I would trace the power lead to your switch. I'm not sure, but does the switch have to be grounded? If so, maybe a bad ground. Good luck.

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Are you using the same brake switch? Maybe it is bad!!
    I am also assuming you have checked the fuses.
    I would trace the power lead to your switch. I'm not sure, but does the switch have to be grounded? If so, maybe a bad ground. Good luck.

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>

4. mrivan

mrivan 1/2 ton status

you got to have power at the swicth for them to work , run a wire from the hot side of your battery to the swicth to test and see if the lights come on .
    Mrivan..........