Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help, no turn signals on my K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jun 3, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

On the way home from a friends house tonight I noticed I have no turn signals. I realized when a camaro waited a really long time for me when I was slowing down to turn on the road he was on. I stopped and shut off my lights and flicked it on and realized not only does my dash light not light up but none of the left lights flash. My 4 ways work but neither set of turn signals do anything. All the parking lights work and I checked the bulbs filaments are fine. Guessing the cam thing in the column is done? It feels normal just nothing happens.

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

There are two Flasher's in the system, one for 4 way's, the other is for the Turn signal's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

didn't even think, I should check fuses, duh

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

No, not "duh". You just learned a valuable lesson-

"ALWAYS CHECK THE SIMPLE THINGS FIRST"

I'll bet you won't forget that for a long time!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

check your blinker fluid /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Do the Doam lights work and horn? Dash lights are usualy on the same fuse.
    Passengerside head should be a ground strap going to the fire wall. Make sure it;s there. Lots of these problems are bad grounds. That strap is the body main ground and it often doesn't get reinstalld after the engine has been out or the heads have been off. You cant seet it you have to feel for it. 3/8 x 1/2 inch course thread bolt into one of the holes in the back of the head.

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

On my 78, the power windows were on the same circuit as the turn signals. I had hazards but no turn signals and my drivers window was down in the rain. I checked the fuses and had one blown - changed it and had turn sig's and power windows!

Of course, some people will say doors, windows and turn signals are overrated! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif