Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP NOW HELP NOW TCASE PROBLEM!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78K5395MT, Oct 10, 2002.

1. 78K5395MT

78K5395MT Registered Member

my truck is stuck at the bottom of a hill near my house and won't budge. the transfer case is in neutral or high, but it won't shift at all!! I push it forward but it won't go! It simply will not move!!help please!! i know it's late, but my neighbors don't want it in their driveway i don't think!!

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

get under it and check the shifter linkages.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

unbolt the shifter linkage and try to shift it by hand (while you under the truck). worst case pull your drive shafts and have a buddy pull you up the hill and then you can figure it out from there.

4. 78K5395MT

78K5395MT Registered Member

since i have a dropped transfer case the metal surround was blocking it from goin into high- as soon as i pulled up the metal around it and clicked it in high loc then the case moved freely. i got it up the hill- thank heavens!! what scared me the worst is that i had just gotten it back from an engine swap. . .i almost started crying i was so mad. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif