Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help oil probs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by trailblazer1980, May 6, 2001.

1. trailblazer1980

trailblazer1980 Registered Member

okay i have i problem just rebuilt my carb did a tune up i went to drain the oil and i had about 10 liters of it was mixed oil and gas does any one have any ideas what could cause it and how i might fix this every one i've talked to said they've never heard of this happening before please help thanx

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had a crankcase fill up with gas on a carburated Jeep with a 360 engine. Mine was due to a fuel pump diaphram leak.

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

I don't know if it'd give you 10 liters, but check your choke. Check the canister for fuel too. There was a post about this recently that went into some detail. You may want to do a search for it. Hope this helps....

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. trailblazer1980

trailblazer1980 Registered Member

i need to rewire my choke and i don't have a canaster i have replaced both my fuel pump and intake gasket any other thoughts before i decide to pull the engine and rebuild it. the oil filled up 2 5L oil pans

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Only way that I can see oil getting into the crankcase, besides fuel pump, is if it is somehow spewing into the air cleaner, and the breather from the air cleaner is allowing the motor to ingest it. Nothing on the carb has access to the crank case...only place fuel goes is the intake....guess a bad intake to head gasket could allow fuel to leak into the crankcase as well...

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>