Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help on picking lift kit, shocks and steering solution

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFlap, Dec 9, 2002.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

I am planning on doing 6" springs in the front and somekind of shackle flip in the rear with zero rates or something else to get me level.

I was thinking of either bds of tuff country lifts. What do yall suggest?

I hear that bds's shocks suck, what about the ones with the tuff country lift kits? Should I just forget about the ones that come with the kit and buy different ones, if so what should I buy?

Is there is anyway to make something to solve my steering problems after the lift? My dad has welded his whole life so I was wondering if there was anyway to make a steering arm or something else to save some money. Or should I just go ahead and cough up the extra money? I know that this is my steering and I don't want to risk anything, but is there any safe and effective way to fabricate something to correct my steering.

Thanks,

Trey

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The best way to go for an easy, relatively bolt on 6" lift, IMHO would be the following -

Tuff Country EZ-ride front springs
    Echobit shackle flip with stock F150 57" springs for the rear
    Ford Superduty shock tower conversion for the front to run longer shocks
    Rancho 9012s, or if you have money to burn, go for the Bilstein 7100s

Don't cheap out on the stering, you should buy the right parts, no way to fab it unless you can cast your own arm. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    </font color>

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally, if I was going to do a 6" lift again (Already have the 6" lift in the K5) I'd get the BDS front springs, I'm planning on Springer Suspension for the rear. Get the raised steering arm !!!!!!! For shocks, well, I couldn't tell ya, I'm running El'cheepo Pro-Comp's ES-3000's

4. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, that was one of my options I was considering to do the f150 spring swap.

Does anyone know how much the rancho 9012s are and the best place to get them?

How much work and money is involved in doing the ford shock tower conversion?

Do the tough country lift settle alot, I have heard that they do.

Do I have to do modifications to my shock mounts to fit and 14bff and dana 60 under my blazer?

Thanks,

Trey