Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help on seat swap.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5, Sep 11, 2000.

1. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

I came across some leather buckets and a console out of a '98 Suburban and was wanting to know how easy they would go in my '82 K5 and how easy would it be to get the power going on them. BTW, does $550 for the set sound good or is that too much.

Any help on this is appreciated,

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have 99 Tahoe seats in mine and the only thing I had to do was drill 2 holes in the floor on each side. Make sure you put a backing plate on so the bolts wont rip a hole in the floor if you get in a wreck. For the power, my suggestion is to stick the wires in the fuse box and adjust the seats how you like them and then take the wire out before it does anything even though it would probably be fine or blow the fuse. $550 sounds OK. where did you get them?

90K5

3. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

We are putting 94 Suburban seats in ours... Electric of course, but $550, sounds kind steep. We paid $150.00 for ours and they are in perfect condition. Captain Chairs and console. I would look around a lil bit more. Also got the back seat, which almost matches perfectly for $50.00. try looking at your local wrecking yard. They are gold mines. As for the wiring...we are also adding an electric tailgate.. isn't too difficult. You just need to tie your wires in with an aux wire, or say cigarette lighter, and you should be able to have power all the time, instead of just setting them and leaving it there...what's the point of having electric then? As long as you don't run everything on that line at once it won't overload. They don't draw that much power. Good luck.

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com

4. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

how easy did you get those tahoe seats in there? did you need some major help?