Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help on the TV Cable Adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90idahoblazer, Aug 9, 2001.

1. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

OK...I know you guys are probly tired of this post because I have seen it on here before....But here goes...

I want to know were the adjustment should be...I know its different for everyone due to cable stretch. When I do the reset proceedure it only pops out one or two clicks and my shift points are alot longer and harder than another 90 blazer thats in the neighborhood. His are shorter and softer.

Should it be adjusted with a pressure guage? (I have One) I have had suggestions on here to adjust it till its just right....whats just right?
    I know you guys have alot of experiance with this...but alot of the info seems vague. Is there an exact method to get it right? I even went to the chevy dealer and they told me to use the reset method and adjust it to were I feel comfortable. Then I went to two more shops , one told me they just adjust the pressure to 70psi @ idle the other guy said he just drives it around until it feels right....well whats right to him maybe be different to me or you....

So do you see where the confusion lies....maybe its me and I just dont get it...But the TV system is not rocket science....One of you SME's (subject matter experts) should know....thanks in advance

2. go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.700R4.com>http://www.700R4.com</a> and it will tell you how to adjust it !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!
    <font color=black>From Kentucky

3. 90idahoblazer

Arent there more people in here that have ideas on this

4. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Junk The Auto And Put In A 465. But Thats Only My Idea.

A Big Hammer Can Fix Anything ..

5. 90idahoblazer

Any more inputs?

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> When you adjust it don't just go by where it sets to by itself .........you'll have to either push it in or pull it out a bit at a time until you get it right where you want it...otherwise, go to your ocal tranny shop and have them do it for you.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

7. 90idahoblazer

Thanks guys...Am I to asume that the harder shift is a little safer and better for the tranny

8. 90idahoblazer

anyone else have advise before I give it a whirl