Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help out a fellow K5er

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by goblazeinco, Aug 31, 2002.

1. goblazeinco

goblazeinco Registered Member

I live in Longmont CO. I went to get my emissions test done to get my tags wich are out of date as of 9-1 and the guys there told me the biggest tire they can get on the machine is 33". I am running 35s on 16.5 eight lug wheels. I am asking if anyone int the Longmont/Boulder area has some 33s on the same wheels that i can use for the test. I will give you collateral if you wish 'till i get them back to you ....I should only need them for a few hours... but it would save me a big headache. I would be in debt to you for sure. Any help would be great.

thanks

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'd put the burden on THEM. They wanna play by their rules, they better have the right stuff to test you with. But that's just me. I love to argue with the emissions people. One time I failed the test, I made a U turn and went to next bay over. The guy told me if I didn't pass on one machine I'm not gonna pass on another. He told me I was wasting my time. Then he walked up and handed me a PASS result. He was fuming! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    As far as your problem goes I would ask them "what am I supposed to do?" "Your machine isn't big enuff to accomodate my tires".

3. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

you really can't find another place to go to? (there's a million over here, but i live in the LA area...)

4. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

In MO, they wouldn't put my truck on the rollers. They just put it in neutral and hooked up a clip-on tach to it.

Then they failed it...the first time