Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help out a K5'er in Korea... Need plastic horn ring and HEI parts...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Ben, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Help out a K5\'er in Korea... Need plastic horn ring and HEI parts...

84 full size K5. I need the round plastic ring for the horn. It is held in place with 3 screws when you remove the steering wheel cover. Horn won't work without it. And I need these HEI parts; the small washer, spring and nipple that's in the cap. Yeah, if I buy a new cap, these parts come with it but I am in Korea and it takes FOREVER to get packages cleared through customs. These parts are small and can be sent to me using a small padded envelope. PM me if you can help. Thanks!

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: Help out a K5\'er in Korea... Need plastic horn ring and HEI parts...

i have all that stuff, stuff doesnt take long to go through customs with post office mailing,i do it all the time

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Ben,

Just to let you know, I'll be coming over there to Kunsan AB, the beginning of February. I'll be stationed there for a year. If there are a few small parts that you would like me to bring with me just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help you out. you could just have them send the parts to me, and i'll throw them in my luggage when i fly over. Please don't have them send any axle's or other big parts. i don't think the airline would let me take those. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Or if there is anything else you would like from the states, that you can't get over there just let me know. I'll see what I can do about bringing it over there.

Rick

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just removed the horn stuff from the 80 out here, i have the metal cup thing and plastic three hole ringand the three screws

i could send them to rick and he could take them with, or whatever you think is best, and i have HEI parts too, i have several of non ECM controlled ones and alos several ECM controleld ones, some for parts and others not,

5. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Hey Randy, thanks! I'll get you my address for mailing.
    Rick, thanks for the offer; re: Kunsan, but I need to pass inspection. My decal expires in December and PMO won't issue a new one unless all is in working order. Horn is inop and I don't want to "gerry rig" it just to pass.

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

hmmm, if I found the parts and sent it to you could you send me soju? I can't seem to find any here no matter how hard I look.

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

not a problem, just figured i'd offer since i was heading your way next year anyway. let me know if there's anything else i can help you out with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

If you can't find soju in the states, you aren't looking in the right places. Most of the big liquor stores carry it. I'd rcommend the Jinru ir the Green brands. They seem to be the best (Er, worst /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Nothing like a good Soju & coke.

BTW - Anybody else ever do the the Snake Shot off Osan AB? OUCH!!!!

PS - Sorry about the hijack /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif