Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help out a newbie to CB's...

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by lazerus, Jan 10, 2003.

1. lazerus

lazerus Registered Member

help out a newbie to CB\'s...

please, that is,-
    Want to get some radio stuff in my blazer. I would like a decent radio with the weather channels. I found a cobra 18 with the weahter channels in a dallas shop for $66. That is about how much I want to spend. What do ya think about this unit? suggestions?
    What exactly is a power mic?
    I really want a 'roger beep', is that just a matter of getting some component installed? How much?
    thanks for the help!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: help out a newbie to CB\'s...

Go to: http://bigfoot8170.tripod.com/ and send Lew a email telling him what your CB needs are and what price range you need to stay in. I'm sure he'll hook you up with what ya need. You could have a 5 tone beep if you want something real distingtive. For your app, a TR-121WX with a Rodger beep added would probley work good. http://www.rangerusa.com/tr-100.html [​IMG]

3. lazerus

lazerus Registered Member

thanks for the leads!!!

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

if you get a good buddy...oops, I mean a roger beep make sure you get it hooked to switch so you can turn it off when you get tired of hearing everyone gripe about it. If you get the roger beep make sure you get a talk back installed so you have to listen to it too......

John