Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP...pinion angle and driveshaft

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by blazindorito, Apr 13, 2006.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Help needed in Mission HIlls,
    I need someone find fix my pinion angle and tell me what size driveshafts I need. This is the last part of the rebuilt and after this it's ready to run. I know it's not complicated but I dont want to make a mistake since this is the first time doing it. I dont want to spend more money than I have to in parts. If someone can help me I sure would appreciate it. I dont expect it to get done for free either. I would pay for the help. I can not drive it, it does not have driveshafts. Thanks. Ernesto

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Just measure you pinion angle,
    then measure your transfer csae output angle,
    then measure from the center of the front/rear caps....that will give you length.
    You will probably need a shim to set the pinion angle correctly.

Measure and post up and we will set you straight. If you were closer I would drive over and check it though.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Hey readymix,
    I see that you are in the Navy. Are you stationed in San Diego? My friend is also in the Navy and lives in Temecula. I was just wondering if I have met you. I wheel with him and some of his buddies. His name is Arturo Molina, I know that he's an instructor now for the Navy. Just curious. I checked the website and will do so as soon as I get home. Thanks for your help.