Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help, Please Read

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redandgreyK5, Aug 6, 2002.

1. redandgreyK5

redandgreyK5 Newbie

Hey everyone I have been looking here the last few weeks and found stuf to help me fix my moms car, the one question i still have involves the rear power window and i need someone probably with a wiring diagram to help, i need to run new wires from the control switch inside the passenger compartment area to the tailgate, is it just wires from the switch or are there any relays and whatnot in between, i have been looking at it closley and there didnt seem to be any but i want to make sure, the wires now are shorting out and they need to be replaced, i found the problem by looking at other posts here about the power windows and used my multimeter to figure out where the problem is, i hope to just run new wires through the firewall from the switch and down the frame to the tailgate, thanks for your help, btw its an 87 if you need to know

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

IIRC there are three wires going into the tailgate. Orange, which is constant hot and supplies power to the exterior keyed switch, brown=down, and blue=up.

I don't recall any relay's along the way...just the grommet the wires go through at the firewall.

rene

3. redandgreyK5

redandgreyK5 Newbie

thanks for the help