Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help please shipping problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Oct 18, 2005.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I sold an item on ebay and need it shipped. I had got a quote through fedex frieght at work but now I can't use the work account. If I don't go through work, its gonna cost me $150 more than what the guy paid me for shipping. Bad part is I sold the item for a friend (as a favor) and now it looks like its gonna cost me money. I need a palletized item weighting 240 shipped from SC,29101 to KS,67545. Any ideas of how to get this thing shipped for the $120 he gave me for shipping? There's not a foward air terminal for several hours from the buyers home. Anyone from the east coast going to hudson, KS? Help me please.

2. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

What is the item? how is it secured? any oil or fuel in it? can you pay by credit card?

3. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

Do U have Oak Harbour Fright Shiping out there? If so check with them, they are cheep, last time I shiped with them it only cost me $85 for any weght on a 40"x40" pallet.

4. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

Another trick is to call your fed ex sales rep and ask if you can ship direct using your company's discount. You will pay at the time of shipment which means they get paid when they pick up the pallet. No waiting 30 days to get paid may be enough of an inticement. Hopefully you work in shipping and have that contact already.

5. clarkjw24

I called fedex and talked to a rep earlier. She set me up with a 3rd party out of my company's account and shipping address but I didn't get their discount. She did give me a first time shipping discount of 40% but the total was still $250. I didn't ask them about shipping direct. The reason I can't use work is because we don't recieve any physical paperwork from fedex and because of that it hard for me to pay my company back for the service.

Its wrapped and strapped to a pallet and I can pay by credit card. Its a massage table with 86x34x27 dims.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

If he is a true friend he will understand and pay you the extra shipping. Shouldn't expect you to take the hit. I wouldn't, but then again I have morals.

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Contact the buyer, let him now whats up and see if he will pay the difference. If not tell him you can't do the deal and you will send his money back.

8. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

Ok, last questions, is this a residence to residence or a warehouse to residence move. Also what does it weigh with the pallet?

9. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

i would never recommend this company. they lose product on a regular bases and shipping is rarely on time.

10. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

I can tell you that out of the 21,000 freight companies we have contracts with we will not load Oak Harbour for similar reasons mentioned here.

11. clarkjw24

Business to residence and 240lbs on the pallet. I called and asked about the ship direct they would do it. However since the first quote a couple months ago the fuel charge is gone up. I got the price through fedex down to $225.

I guess I'll have to refund the guys money. He really wanted the item. That sucks, I wasn't making anything off of the deal but now I'll have a massage table that I don't need. Bad thing is I stated in my auction that I wouldn't ship but being the nice guy I am, I told him I would<---stupid. This transaction has been going on for several months, the guy like most of us was tight on money and slow to send it. My friend I sold it for doesn't have the money to pay me back and he didn't want the table anyway. He needed the money, thats why he sold it.

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No good deed goes unpunished.

13. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry bud, the best rate I could get was $291.69, the residential delivery kills it. Also, if it needs a liftgate at delivery add another $60.00. I think you are on the right path. Only other option is to break it down into parts and ship UPS in a big box.

14. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

what abot dhl's freight service? I used to use fedex and ship 7-12 packages a day, until they lost every package for an entire week. that really screwed me up. I switched to DHL, it's cheaper and haven't lost a package yet.

I think it's called DHL Danza -- check them out.

15. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What about forward Air? When I got my winch and bumpers last year their prices weren't bad at all. My shipment was close to 400 lbs and cost was like 180ish if I recall correctly.

16. clarkjw24

The guy on the recieving end is like 300 miles from a terminal. I think the fuel charge increase is whats killing the price now.