Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TB2Blazer, Dec 4, 2004.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well I took the K5 out tonight to do some light wheeling and the damn thing decided it didn't like hills. I was driving up and all the sudden the thing went completely dead no lights, no radio, and it wouldn't even turn over. So I got out to try find out what was wrong thought it was a wire and when I slammed the door the lights went on. So I got back in a fired it up and started out again and it did it again. So I started it again and tried again and it would idle then when I got on it it would lunge and jump forward and the lights and everthing would flicker then it shut down. So I backed down the mountain fine. Does anyone know what the heck is wrong with it?

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

loose batt cable probably, either down at the starter, or up at the battery. Maybe the insulation on the batt cable has gotten chafed and is grounding it out.

3. azblazer69

azblazer69 Registered Member

Check Ground cable too...

4. bigred81

bigred81 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have a fusible link that might be getting ready to burn out. Look on the starter for the fusibles and the fire wall. Help this helps some.

bigred81

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

we have a winner!!
    now all ya got to do is find it