Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jun 19, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I know you people out there have headers. I have an 88 with the A.I.R. injection and want to get headers with that on them. Which one's ya'll like??? Thanks - Doug

2. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

I don't know of anyone else who makes them, but I had headman's on my '90, got them from summit for like $350. But the were only shorty headers, that price included the new custom Y pipe. Try Doug Thorely headers, real good name that specializes in trucks, Summit sells them, I'm sure they make them, but Thorely hearders aren't cheap.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"

3. B75k5

B75k5 Registered Member

I have Doug Thorely headers on my 75 K5. Where are you located......I have a connection if you are near San Diego, Ca.

4. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

Another thing that might be an option is to just get the standard headers and then take your old air injection that bolts to the manifold and have it welded to the new headers. I had this done on my *eep and I never had a problem and it was alot cheaper then getting the air injection headers. All they do is drill a hole in each header tube then weld the air injection on to it and your done. Save me about 150. Hope this helps.

Getsome

5. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

getsome's got the right idea, unless you can afford buying the emissions-legal ones right off. Also, you can buy just about any header and buy a generic air-injection assembly separate. If you have a PAW catalog it'll show you. Then all you need to do is weld it on. You can also buy reducers that can fit an O2 sensor in case your basic headers don't provide for that.

6. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

7. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status