Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by luvmyk5, Jul 8, 2002.

1. luvmyk5

luvmyk5 Newbie

I need some help guys I have bought a 1984 K5 blazer and its been one big headache after another ( was not taken care of ) So far I have replaced the distributor, starter, alternator, plugs, wires, and carb. Thought I had all of the bugs worked out until the other night was waitng for some friends at the drive in and I was ideling and it just died and would not restart its getting fuel but im not getting any spark (new distributor) the fuesable links look good I'm stumped, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

2. random

random Registered Member

Right off the top of my head,check for 12 volts at coil in cap,make sure your tach wire hasnt grounded out.Then maybe relace module and coil one at a time.Sounds like u mightve got bad module..it happens.good luck!

3. luvmyk5

luvmyk5 Newbie

thanks ill give it a try

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Definately check for 12 volts at input wire to distibutor! I had the same problem with a buddies 86!

5. luvmyk5

luvmyk5 Newbie

thanx ill check it out

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Is that the ESC distributor with the computer box up behind the glovebox? If so, and you need it, I have every thing but the coil and knock sensor for sale. That includes the brain, distributor housing and the wires. Looking for $75 for the whole thing. Was working fine when I pulled it off a 85 Doaner truck and the distributor housing looks near new. The truck was a very well kept up total it came off of had about 10k on a Crate engine (why I got it in the first place).

7. luvmyk5

luvmyk5 Newbie

No its npt the ESC distributor but thanks for the info and thanks everyone else for the ideas but I finally figured out my problem Im sending voltage spikes through my module and its frying it so I need to find out where my short is so thanks everyone