Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help....please

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Halffast, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Halffast

Halffast Newbie

I am desperately seeking information about lifting an S10,crewcab up. Looks like you guys know more about this than any group I've seen. Any ideas how to go about doing this. I, know that someone said that you can pull up the front end with the torsion bars,but I would like to go another route than that.Would balljoint extensions work?? Just grasping for straws there, but it doesn't have springs on the front, only shocks...
    Any help...any...would be appreciated greatly.

2. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

no such thing as ball joint extenders.

you can crank your torsion bars.
    put on a 2" suspension lift which involves
    the same process and longer upper a arms.
    or you and do a 5" suspension lift which is alot
    of work.
    or do a 3" body lift

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

There are Ball joint spacers, but those are to correct Camber in coil lifted 2wd trucks. You're only hope is a body lift or a real lift kit if you don't want to crank the bars.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the price of a 5" IFS lift is about the same as a solid axle swap... do it once.. do it right... solid axle that beotch

5. GQ 350

GQ 350 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThe cranking up the torsion bar is not so bad, as long as you don't go too far and you get the front end checked out and set up again after you do it. If you do that and add a 3" body lift it will give about 5"s of lift give or take, with that you will be able to fit 31"x10.5"s all on the stock rims and clear them well to. If you want bigger tires than 31"s you will need to get some kind of suspension lift,such as a 2",4", or a 5"and 6" but they all are a fair bit of cash. Adding cut out flars is a bit cheeper but it is hacking the sheet metal, and myself I hate to cut into the body like that.

well I hope I have given you some options to think about /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif