Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by namvet69, Jan 29, 2004.

1. namvet69

namvet69 Newbie

Hi! I was referred to this site from another mb. I am really hoping that maybe someone here can help me.. I have a 86 burb 2wd. I have a chance to buy a 86 burb3/4T 4wd. I want to take the body of the 2wd and put on the 4x frame. My problem is this..the 4wd has 16in rims and 8 lugs. I just bought two new tires for the 2wd and they are 15in. Does anyone know if I can get 15in rims with an 8 lug pattern? ALso, a part store guy told me that they wouldnt work anyways. It work on the hub but the rotors. Can anyone help me to figure this out.
    I really hate to pass this deal up. I can get the whole 4x for $100. The body is damaged but everything else is great.. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Yes they make 15" 8 lug rims. Call Summit racing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just get a 3.5" back space and you should be good.

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

100????? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

thats a no brainer. buy it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Hey, You were referred here because this IS THE BEST message forums for you. 100 for 4x4?? Hell yeah!!!
    Summit and National tire can both help you with rims. They fit the hubs no problem. A little grinding may be needed on the caliper. but no biggie.

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Hey, im the one from off-road that referred you here, but didnt' realize you only bought 2 new tires. If i were you, rather than buy 4 rims so you can buy 2 more tires, i would just buy 4 new tires for the 16's that are already on teh 4x4.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned