Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help plz.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CkYblaZeRBoY, Jan 18, 2005.

1. CkYblaZeRBoY

CkYblaZeRBoY Registered Member

Hi im semi new to ck5 and i have a problem with my blazer. When i bought this blazer about 6 months ago from a guy the engine was blown and almost nothing else is wrong with it.but now the dome light stays on constantly yes i know most of you imediatly think "well take the bulb out stupid" i did that but i want the dome light and i cant figure out why there staying on. Ive replced both door jamb switches but it still stays on anyone with any advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks
    Also if anyone has teh wiring diagram for the 89 fs blazer it would be much appreciated.

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

This might sound stupid but have you made sure the dimmer isn't turned all the way counterclock wise (always on )? I'd start troubleshooting around the Light switch..

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

got a white wire in cab grounded somewhere like on a rocker panel, etc., or bad door switch i bet

4. CkYblaZeRBoY

Yea, i made sure teh dimmer switch wanst turned al teh way to the left and sorry to sound like an idiot but, what white wire?:confused:

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

wire wire wire wired

The white wire that goes to the door jamb switch,it gets pinched or grounds out where the switch goes in the hole sometimes--its kinda hard to fish the wire out if it unplugged from the switch(kick panel is welded)--the wire goes under the rug and seat to the rear of the cab,if its grounded anywhere the light will stay on..also the wrong bulb can do it too,they had 2 styles of domelights some years,if its the "regular" looking bulb,and not the "torpedo" style--the regular looking style bulb for a domelight has 2 contacts on the bottom(I think its a #1003,not sure)--if someone put a #67 or 97 single contact bulb in it,it wont shut off...I think the wires under the rug and seat are orange and white....:crazy:

6. CkYblaZeRBoY

thanks for your help ill keep that in mind because i cant work on it ts snowing =(

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

we have a lot of snow coming!

We are supposedly under a blizzard warning starting at 3 pm saturday--we might get up two two feet of snow before it ends sunday night,with 40-60mph winds!--my trucks in the garage,but its 3 below zero,too cold even with the wood stoves going to work out there!--
    I'm just praying all the mickey mouse hoses on my tranny lines,and my rusty oil cooler lines hold up until it gets warmer,that the diesel starts ok,and nothing on the plow or truck breaks during the storm--only my 82 diesel is running and plowing,I'm down to one truck,the 74 K20 has no reverse,and my 79 C10 wouldn't push much snow being a 2wd, if it had a plow(I thought about putting the plow frame from the 74 K20 on it,but if I did,I might as well put the transfer case and front axle in it too...:blush: --this weekend doesnt look like much fun at all..:yikes: :yikes: :doah: :screwy: :frown1: